Anyone only dating ...

Notifications
Clear all

Welcome to The Hug Community

Where we matter.

To join our community, simply login to the forum using the menu above or 'register'. Create your account, sign in, then click a TOPIC to start a new thread / conversation.

Please always bear in mind our community guidelines before participating in any discussion.

Anyone only dating out of boredom?  

sammy72
Topic starter  

God I am so bored. I feel quite bad about this but then I haven't had a great experience with "real and true" dating anyway. So I have enrolled in a couple of dating apps just out of sheer boredom and I am a kind of dating a guy but I know it's not serious on my part at least. I am still on dating apps and just joined Muddy Matches too. I spend my whole evening just chatting to guys and it's relentless crap. Anyone else doing this? Is it this lockdown situation?

Dutchy

Oh my goodness, yes! I hate to admit it. It seems to be helping lower my anxiety after my husband left too. The last thing I really want is another guy to deal with but there is a feeling of abandonment /rejection/fear of the unknown and dating seems to help assuage this. 

ReplyQuote
Out_the_other_side

@dutchy I totally agree! When my husband left me I felt so lonely/abandoned/deserted.  I think my self esteem went to rock bottom and I loved dating as it made me feel so much better! I used it as a confidence boost and found it quite fun. I really get the out of boredom thing too as I think it just became something to do! It was so easy just to sit at home in the evenings browsing online apps like some sort of hobby! millennial dating is a whole new world isn’t it.  I had been with my husband since I was 19 so it was really eye opening to me! 

ReplyQuote
penfoldhugs

You are so right. It does turn into a hobby, like knitting. Ha ha... gosh his awful. Swiping through all those men, deciding if you like the look of them or not. I don’t think the guys seem to worry about their photos either, they don’t get the whole ‘camera angle’ thing do they?? Awww bless. What’s with holding a fish up too? I mean, do they really think we will be impressed by the size of their fish?? Great conversation. Hope others join in. Could be funny.. makes me smile. 😂😂😂

ReplyQuote
Onlygoodvibes

Haha - I’m yet to dip my toe into the dating scene but sounds like some of you are having fun with it which gives me hope! 

ReplyQuote
Star
 Star

I have only been separated for 5 months after a 22 year marriage of which the ending came as a complete shock. The stories I have heard about dating sites scare me I don’t have the confidence to go on there plus I am nowhere near ready. I accepted from day one as a woman in my early 50’s that I may be alone for ever but my husband probably has moved on or will do very quickly, good looking and a high flyer there was probably a queue forming the minute his wedding ring was off he wouldn’t even have to look at a dating website. 

ReplyQuote
Share: