Are you in a relati...

Notifications
Clear all

Welcome to The Group Hug Forum

Ask questions, offer advice, help others and make new friends!

To join our community forum, simply login using the menu above or 'register' here. Create your account, sign in, then join in a conversation. click ADD TOPIC to start a new chat. Choose your own USER NAME when registering so you can post anonymously. Please always bear in mind our community guidelines before participating in any discussion.

Are you in a relationship but feeling lonely?

(@moderator)
Reliable Friend

Feeling lonely when you are in a relationship is really difficult. Have you fallen out of love with your partner or do you feel that they are sadly not interested in you anymore? It is not easy to be with someone, but to ultimately be without them. At the end of the day, a relationship should be about companionship and about spending time together in some way. What is happening with you? Have you been in this situation in the past and can offer advice and support to others? Let's talk about this... 😘 😘  

Topic starter Posted : 25/08/2021 12:51 pm
juniper_85
(@juniper_85)

I wish I knew which of it it was! My husband and I have been married just 8 years. Our 2 kids are under 7. We are so disconnected, and I feel horribly lonely, but I can’t tell if that’s because we’re exhausted from parenting, he is upset or crusted with me (which is how he makes me feel daily), or if I don’t engage with him enough. He’s down to less hours at work and I know he’s feeling a lot of his identity as a result. But I have zero empathy towards it because he could help me out a bit more with his spare time, or find some hobbies, or call a friend! I try to go out and see friends to feel less lonely but he made no effort to see anyone himself. So my solution to the loneliness needs to be time with others which I know just makes matters worse. It’s so hard to know what to do!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/09/2021 10:04 pm
startagain2021
(@startagain2021)
Apprentice Hugger

@juniper_85 that is so confusing - you are right. Because of the situation, you are going out more and then see less of each other and that makes things even more disconnected. Parenting is really difficult and tiring, I totally get that. Have you tried speaking to him? Also, you are not responsible for how he feels and deals with things - he is a grown-up and you have enough on your plate looking after yourself!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/09/2021 11:48 am