Family court. Where...

Notifications
Clear all

Welcome to The Hug Community

Where we matter.

To join our community, simply login to the forum using the menu above or 'register'. Create your account, sign in, then click a TOPIC to start a new thread / conversation.

Please always bear in mind our community guidelines before participating in any discussion.

Family court. Where is the justice?  

Scruff
Topic starter  

Would someone please tell me what justice there is when a judge makes an order, and as on the order above, makes a clear statement of what happens if that order is not complied with, then absolutely nothing happens and we have gone way past the dates on the order.

Unless I spend more money taking the person back to court.

What is the point of making a clear threat but not having the authority to follow it through unless I spend money.

Isn’t it about time these words meant something so these people stop dancing rings around the courts because they know nothing will happen.

I am sickened how easy it is to just do nothing and get away with it, over and over again.

Scruff
Topic starter  

Following up from my previous rant (or constructive discussion point) – It seems the problem is because divorce and financials are “family matters” and therefore don’t hold the same legal weight as criminal matters.

Right, I get that, but once a Judge has made a court ruling regardless of which court it is in, if that ruling is not adhered to / complied with then that should become a criminal matter, immediately, no excuses.

The judge makes the ruling based on solid evidence of wealth / assets in the family court, a fair and just settlement is pronounced and a deadline generously given, so what excuse can the person have for non-compliance – NONE.

Make it then a criminal case, but brought by the court as it would if Johnny Lightfingers was threatened with a jail sentence if he goes on the rob again, and he does, bye bye Johnny I told you, now off you pop to jail for a few years.

Job done.

ReplyQuote
Share: