How do you make the...

Notifications
Clear all

Welcome to The Group Hug Forum

Ask questions, offer advice, help others and make new friends!

To join our community forum, simply login using the menu above or 'register' here. Create your account, sign in, then join in a conversation. click ADD TOPIC to start a new chat. Choose your own USER NAME when registering so you can post anonymously. Please always bear in mind our community guidelines before participating in any discussion.

How do you make the people in your life feel special?

(@moderator)
Reliable Friend

Life as an adult is hard, there are so many connections you want to maintain and yet such little free time to do so. Even if you can't see everyone often, what are some ways you make them still feel important to you?

Topic starter Posted : 30/07/2021 12:44 pm
KyleB67
(@kyleb67)
Double-Star Contributor

Sometimes it's just about checking in every now and again, most people in my life seem to understand that we are often busy and can't always see each other. The occasional check-in is more than enough to maintain the relationship and always feels more special after not talking for a while.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/07/2021 12:48 pm
rosiesarahlyon
(@rosiesarahlyon)
Double-Star Contributor

i make sure to check in on my loved ones weekly. If they are feeling low, i send them a little gift to cheer them up!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/08/2021 12:21 pm
poshgirl
(@poshgirl)
Double-Star Contributor

@rosiesarahlyon I'm the same. I check in at least once a week and I listen. I think if someone is feeling lonely listening is the most important thing you can do because that person can listen to the radio or tv but they are never heard - so they may find that they haven't used their own voice for a while. Especially during covid, there must be some people who have not actually used their voice for weeks on end. Isn't that tragic. Crying  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/08/2021 2:44 pm
Moderator liked
Deepak147
(@deepak147)

Everything is running fast in today's life. if you want to make someone feel special, give them your time. Do little things to make them happy.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/03/2022 6:41 am
jefferson
(@jefferson)
Apprentice Hugger

I will give them time and also I behave with my unique character. I never act infornt of my special person in my life.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/03/2022 12:56 pm