What did you do to ...

Notifications
Clear all

Welcome to The Group Hug Forum

Ask questions, offer advice, help others and make new friends!

To join our community forum, simply login using the menu above or 'register' here. Create your account, sign in, then join in a conversation. click ADD TOPIC to start a new chat. Choose your own USER NAME when registering so you can post anonymously. Please always bear in mind our community guidelines before participating in any discussion.

What did you do to finally get rid of that toxic person?

(@moderator)
Reliable Friend

Toxic people can easily cling to you and suck on any energy that you need to get rid of them. How did you finally dispose of that toxic person who kept clinging on?

Topic starter Posted : 24/08/2021 4:10 pm
KyleB67
(@kyleb67)
Double-Star Contributor

I tried to get rid of them several times but they were my closest friend, so I always got lonely and would need company... and ended up crawling back to them. I couldn't actually get rid of them until I found a new group of friends to hang out with so I wasn't so dependent on them! Even then it was a struggle to get them off my back but my new friends were a lot of help!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/08/2021 4:28 pm
Mum_jen
(@mum_jen)
Apprentice Hugger

Personally, I didn't get rid of them until I finally accepted that I needed to get rid of them. I find a lot of times we say we're done with them this time but never truly mean it, we always leave room for them to weasel their way back in. I took away that room when they badly wronged me one time, I blocked them on every communication and gave them no way to get back in my life. Best thing I've done!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/08/2021 4:31 pm
kobayashi
(@kobayashi)
Apprentice Hugger

agree we need to get rid of toxic people

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/12/2021 3:23 pm
jefferson
(@jefferson)
Apprentice Hugger

Silent is a best method to avoid Toxic person from our life.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/03/2022 2:03 pm