What is something c...

Notifications
Clear all

Welcome to The Group Hug Forum

Ask questions, offer advice, help others and make new friends!

To join our community forum, simply login using the menu above or 'register' here. Create your account, sign in, then join in a conversation. click ADD TOPIC to start a new chat. Choose your own USER NAME when registering so you can post anonymously. Please always bear in mind our community guidelines before participating in any discussion.

What is something courageous you've done this year?

(@moderator)
Reliable Friend

Safe to say t's been a rather difficult year for everyone with the pandemic. If this year has taught us anything, it's that life is unpredictable so it's always worth taking that leap into the unknown. What leap did you make this year?

Topic starter Posted : 25/07/2021 6:24 pm
KyleB67
(@kyleb67)
Double-Star Contributor

I decided to quit my job of 15 years to start my own company (something I've always wanted to do). It was a very stressful decision and came with lots of initial regret, but now I look back and I'm so thankful I did it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/07/2021 6:26 pm
Monkey
(@monkey)
Double-Star Contributor

Admired to myself that I have a drink problem…not a serious one, just a recognition that I have to cut back. Doing it is the hard thing, but throwing myself into gym life helps!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2021 9:17 pm
poshgirl
(@poshgirl)
Double-Star Contributor

I have started to like myself and admit who I am and what I am all about. Why things have gone wrong in my life and how I have contributed to those things. I have stopped blaming others and looked to myself. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/07/2021 12:15 pm
rosiesarahlyon
(@rosiesarahlyon)
Double-Star Contributor

I experienced domestic abuse and to change my negative experience into a positive i went into the Young Banker of the Year Competition Worldwide 2021 hosted by The Chartered Banker Institute with an idea on a fairer financial future for sufferers and survivors of domestic abuse. Im now a finalist, the first UK female to get into the worldwide finals

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/07/2021 10:22 am
KyleB67
(@kyleb67)
Double-Star Contributor

@rosiesarahlyon That's really impressive and I'm sure very inspirational to any victims of domestic abuse

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/07/2021 12:32 pm
rosiesarahlyon
(@rosiesarahlyon)
Double-Star Contributor

@kyleb67 Aw thank you so much!! Smile

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/07/2021 12:33 pm