Dating disasters......

Notifications
Clear all

Welcome to The Group Hug Forum

Ask questions, offer advice, help others and make new friends!

To join our community forum, simply login using the menu above or 'register' here. Create your account, sign in, then join in a conversation. click ADD TOPIC to start a new chat. Choose your own USER NAME when registering so you can post anonymously. Please always bear in mind our community guidelines before participating in any discussion.

Dating disasters......

jimbob1
(@jimbob1)
Apprentice Hugger

I am not having much luck on the dating scene. I have been chatting to someone on Tinder for a around a month and we arranged to meet for a date last night in a local pub. When I got there she was sat with her four children. I really couldn't believe my eyes. I was polite, bought them all a drink, had a quick chat, made my excuses and left. Amazed  

Topic starter Posted : 16/07/2021 8:16 am
mandaj
(@mandaj)
Double-Star Contributor

@jimbob1 - It think you had a lucky escape - that was a bit weird and she should have at least warned you if she had childcare issues - very awkward for the children too. Maybe she always takes them on dates? 🤣 🤣 🤣 

I went on a date once and the guy was in insurance - he went into a full-on sales pitch about car insurance and even criticised my current provider, it was super weird. I am not talking about 5 minutes - he went on for at least 45 minutes about the ins and outs of different policies. Needless to say, I got bored, we split the bill and I left. I didn't bother with date 2. 😊 😋 😊 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/07/2021 8:31 am
Monkey
(@monkey)
Double-Star Contributor

Well I haven't had a pitch, but I certainly have given one about me, I shudder to think of it now, what on earth was I thinking?!

Gorgeous girl, me a spirited youth, she was a friend of an ex-girlfriend. Always fancied her. We went out for dinner as friends and we ended up having a long kiss after a wonderful evening. Arranged a date for a week's time, then I got a call. She had just finished a long-term relationship and wasn't ready. I said let's go out anyway and completely turned her off by talking about 'let us try something', poor girl, how dull and desperate was that! I may have dodged a bullet though as she then went lingerie shopping with her brother, very odd I thought! 

Another one - French girl, very sexy, went to a gig together. I got merry, she put me on a bus home. Tragic. 

One more? She pursued me, total stunner 6ft blond (i am short but she didn't care). Found out she was a massive racist so bad for her really.

Experience clearly paid off for me in the end, though probably shouldn't drink as much!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/07/2021 10:44 am
KyleB67
(@kyleb67)
Double-Star Contributor

When in my late teens, I was a very nervous dater and often would end up being silent the whole thing because I was so shy. I managed to get a date with this beautiful girl and didn't want to make the same mistake so decided I'd have a bit of liquid courage for the date. When I spotted her, she was wearing this silky red dress and looked amazing. The only problem is I was already at a good level of drunk and we were going for drinks on top of that!

By the time we were about to leave, I had somehow (through the powers of alcohol) convinced her to come back to mine. The only problem was that on the taxi ride home... I didn't feel too good... And as I threw up on her nice dress, I realised that maybe dating was just not for me. Safe to say, I didn't see her again but over the years I managed to go on dates without the need of liquid courage, probably due to fear of that ever happening again.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/07/2021 11:06 am
felicityflick
(@felicityflick)
Double-Star Contributor

I am tall. My friends told me that I should go onto Tinder and start dating. I didn't think to put my height. When I turned up for my very first date, the guy was 5ft 5 and I am 5ft 11 - height doesn't matter, obviously, but it's the same as you like blondes or brunettes - everyone has a "type". It was just a bit of a disaster and awkward. I made sure I put my height from that point on to save both parties the embarrassment 🤣 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/07/2021 9:17 am
felicityflick
(@felicityflick)
Double-Star Contributor

@monkey very weird going knicker shopping with your brother 🤣 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/07/2021 9:18 am
sammy72
(@sammy72)
Apprentice Hugger

One particular one sticks out in my mind. I went out with a woman for a meal and we had such a nice evening and we decided to stay out and hit a late bar. She got completely wasted and just turned into a monster. I was driving (not drinking) and I felt really awful for doing this, but I just left her. I had only just met her and she was not my responsibility so I just left her where we were. The next day she contacted me to say that I was rude for leaving her alone and she had had to walk home and that it was dangerous for a man to do that to a woman etc etc... maybe it was, but she had made it home in one piece so what was the issue. I added "looking for someone who doesn't drink too much" to my dating profile after that.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/07/2021 11:35 am
Scruff
(@scruff)
Apprentice Hugger

@sammy72 how many people change completely after drinking?? White wine seems to be like a secret potion designed to change mainly female personalities after 1 bottle. I remember a Tinder date where we both one bottle and a few beers in (I was on red wine) and I had really had enough.

I'd already been introduced to some of her friends we bumped into as "her date", so when she came back from the bar with another bottle of wine I just said I had to leave. When she txt me to say how rude I was and that she didn't want to see me again I was so relieved. Thankful some kind people had poured her into a taxi so she got home safetly. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/07/2021 11:47 am
debra
(@debra)
Double-Star Contributor

@scruff - at least she was buying a drink! It could have been worse? Grinning  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/07/2021 2:18 pm
debra
(@debra)
Double-Star Contributor

@kyleb67 this is hilarious! Vomited  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/07/2021 2:19 pm
Monkey
(@monkey)
Double-Star Contributor

@felicityflick I know - how weird is that, it's a bit more than 'does my bum look big in this' isn't it

having said that - it is now probably hopefully my bum does look big in this and can you see my whole ass cheeks!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/07/2021 2:26 pm
Scruff
(@scruff)
Apprentice Hugger

@debra True. But only because she was so drunk. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/07/2021 2:36 pm
debra liked