How did you know yo...

Notifications
Clear all

Welcome to The Group Hug Forum

Ask questions, offer advice, help others and make new friends!

To join our community forum, simply login using the menu above or 'register' here. Create your account, sign in, then join in a conversation. click ADD TOPIC to start a new chat. Choose your own USER NAME when registering so you can post anonymously. Please always bear in mind our community guidelines before participating in any discussion.

How did you know you were ready to introduce a new partner to your child?

(@moderator)
Reliable Friend

Dating is hard enough, dating as a single parent can seem impossible. One common question that stumps single parents is this, come and share how you knew it was the right time! Smile

Topic starter Posted : 22/07/2021 6:30 pm
KyleB67
(@kyleb67)
Double-Star Contributor

I have before waited too long to introduce a partner to my child before, which ended up actually messing up the relationship. The next time I waited until the point where I felt sure I'd be with her more than a couple of dates and decided to casually introduce her to my child. Introducing her as a friend first allowed my partner and child to meet without the added pressure... and fewer questions. Once my child liked her and we had been a few more dates, I told my child and they were over the moon about it. It's all about when you're certain about the person, or you get fed up with sneaking around like a teenager! LoL  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/07/2021 6:36 pm
felicityflick
(@felicityflick)
Double-Star Contributor

This is a tricky one. I think you just know when it's right. I had to make entirely sure  that this was a long term relationship. I did not want to be introducing my child to a man who would be off the scene in five minutes - he had to be a what I felt was a keeper. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/07/2021 3:44 pm