Leicester is one of the oldest cities in England, with a history going back at least two millennia. Leicester Cathedral, where Richard III was reinterred in 2015, has stood at the city’s heart for over 900 years (LE1 5PZ).
Close by, the King Richard III Visitor Centre tells the story of the King’s life and death and displays his original burial site (LE1 5DB). The ruins of Leicester Castle, where Richard III spent some of his last days, lie in Castle Gardens, near the River Soar (LE2 7BY).
The National Space Centre which is just 20 minutes from Loughborough is the BEST day out! I took my son’s there a few years ago and it was great for all the family. It’s based at Exploration Drive, Leicester LE4 5NS
Places of interest in Leicester
- National Space Centre – Exploration Drive, LE4 5NS
- Abbey Park – Abbey Park Road, Leicester LE4 5AQ
- Watermead Park – Thurmaston Village, Leicester LE7 1PD
- New Walk Museum and Museum – 53 New Walk, Leics LE1 7EA
- Newarke Houses, Museum & Gardens, The Newarke, Leicester, LE2 7BY (incorporating the museum of the Royal Leicestershire Regiment). The houses were built in 1511.
The Edwin Lutyens War Memorial
The main war memorial in Leicester was designed by Edwin Lutyens and built between 1923 and 1925. It commemorates the dead of the First World War and now has two approaches. One is from Peace Walk and the other is from the new Centenary Walk. The Arch is a grade one listed building and has been described as the most imposing of Lutyens English War memorials.
For Leicester divorce services and family lawyers, you could try one of these firms – find them in The Hug Directory
The Family Law Cafe is a new take on how people can resolve family law issues and get the results they want.
I am an experienced Family Lawyer, specialising in domestic abuse cases, divorce, finances, and matters involving children. Both myself and my team are friendly, compassionate and approachable.Claire Holland – Holland Family Law
Other solicitors in the local area
- Nelsons Law – Provincial House, 37 New Walk, Leicester, LE1 6TU
- Bray & Bray Solicitors – 36-42 Humberstone Rd, Leicester, LE5 0AE
- Dodds Solicitors LLP – 32 Friar Lane, Leicester, LE1 5RA
- Sahota & Sahota Solicitors – 120 London Rd, Leicester, LE2 0QS
Don’t be scared of looking at your finances with a financial planner. Get your future in order. We have the following financial planner in The Hug Directory
I provide a safe space for you to discuss your current position and explore future possibilities without judgement nor prejudice. The aim is work together in partnership to create your authentic life based around your financial circumstances.Rajesh Modha
Learn more about The Group Hug – watch our video supported by Mr Divorce Coach, Tom Nash of Melior Minds who features in The Hug Directory