Walsall is a large market town historically part of Staffordshire, it is located 9 miles north-west of Birmingham, 7 miles east of Wolverhampton and 9 miles from Lichfield. Walsall’s name is derived from “Walh halh”, meaning “valley of the Welsh”. Thanks to the Industrial Revolution, Walsall grew from a village with approximately 2,000 inhabitants during the 16th century into a town with over 86,000 inhabitants over a period of around 200 years.
The positive things you should do after your divorce
If you’re passing through, Walsall Arboretum is a Victorian public park located close to Walsall town centre (WS1 2QB). Alternatively, Walsall Leather Museum tells the story of the leather trade in Walsall, charting the town’s rise from a small market town into an international saddle-making centre (WS2 8EW).
- Walsall Arboretum – situated close to the town centre, this Victorian public park first opened in 1874, spans 170 acres and includes a lake, gardens, green spaces, children’s play areas, pedalo hire, skate park. Broadway North, Walsall, WS1 2QB.
- Walsall Leather Museum – located on 2 floors, learn about Walsall and the leather making process on the ground floor and upstairs, find out how Walsall became a leatherworking town. There are also workshops showing what it was like to work in the leather industry 100 years ago. Littleton Street West, Walsall, WS2 8EW.
- Aston Manor Road Transport Museum – at this museum, you will see vehicles with a connection to the West Midlands, including buses, cars, commercial vehicles, transport memorabilia and vehicles in different stages of restoration. Shenstone Drive, Aldridge, Walsall, WS9 8TP.
- Bourne Pool and Waterside Walk – children (and adults) enjoy the fairy trail here, you can take a stroll around the lake, browse the garden centre and stop for refreshments at the café. 520 Chester Road, Aldridge, Walsall, WS9 0NZ.
- The New Art Gallery Walsall – opened in 2000, the building was nominated for the RIBA Stirling Prize. The gallery is home to over 3500 works which have been collected since the original art gallery was founded in 1892, including the Garman Ryan Epstein collection, the Clive Beardsmore collection. Gallery Square, Walsall, WS2 8LG.
Here are a couple of options for family law firms in Walsall:
- Fountain Solicitors – 36 Bradford St, Walsall WS1 3QA
- HRS Family Law Solicitors – 28 Bridge St, Walsall WS1 1HR
You’ve arrived at the point where you need go through the process of dissolution or divorce.
You may have been milling things over for months or evenyears. Alternatively, you may be in shock because something has happened to lead you to want to separate or divorce. This event could be discovering that your partner is having an affair, suffering from a form of domestic abuse or meeting someone new yourself. Maybe you don’t want a divorce or dissolution. On the other-hand, you could both feel that there is just no reason to carry on. Whatever the circumstances, it’s over.
There are many reasons why people decide that they want to separate or divorce from their partner. For some couples, there may be no particular reason for a couple to drift apart. Maybe you have been told by your partner that they want to separate or divorce YOU. The scenarios for relationships ending are almost infinite.
Make a plan
Whatever the circumstances in which you have found yourself teetering on the edge of uncoupling, the same things apply; you need to have a plan. There are many strands to a partnership and you need to find the best way to untie the knot.
Whatever you do, don’t stick your head in the sand.
Pretending it’s not happening may, in years to come lead you to wish that you had been more assertive. However hard it may be, there are resources available to you, regardless of your financial situation. You may find yourself one of the many getting a divorce acting for themselves as a “litigant in person”.
You can find help
The thing is not to panic. There are thousands of people who have been through this process and there will be thousands more. When things seem really tough, you must set yourself a goal and believe that they can only get better. You may end up in a different house, changing your career, or living with less money. Whatever happens, from now on you have to be adaptable and create positives. Here at The Group Hug, you can find support from others by chatting in our safe forum. You will also find informative blog posts from experts.