Proceeding a divorc...

Notifications
Clear all

Welcome to The Hug Community

Where we matter.

To join our community, simply login to the forum using the menu above or 'register'. Create your account, sign in, then click a TOPIC to start a new thread / conversation.

Please always bear in mind our community guidelines before participating in any discussion.

Proceeding a divorce  

Amarie
Topic starter  

Hi i have applied for a divorce for unreasonable behaviour,  which my ex has recieved but say theres is no link... so i have completed a D11 form but cant find an address to send it to? Has anyone else done this? Whats the next process? 

mandaj

I saw your post but i am not sure what you mean?  So you have filed for divorce? Completed the divorce petition?  What do you mean by "my ex has received it but says there's no link" - He should have received the petition by post. Why have you filled in a form D11? What is your thinking.. I am sure someone here will help you. Hang tight.. 

ReplyQuote
mandaj

https://www.thegrouphug.com/2020/11/04/file-for-divorce/

The court would have sent the divorce petition to your husband and he then has to acknowledge that he has received it.

ReplyQuote
mandaj

OK.. so you filled out the form, sent it to the court? Then, they send it to your ex and he should have received a form which he needs to complete and fill in.  "This involves the court sending your spouse (the respondent) an acknowledgement of service form which your spouse will normally have to respond to within 7 days. The process involves your husband or wife telling the court that they agree with the reasons for the divorce and will not defend the divorce. If they do want to defend, that's another matter completely."

ReplyQuote
Amarie
Topic starter  

@mandaj hey thankyou for your reply

..so a D11 form has to be filled out if they have the divorce petition but will not send back acknowledgement of Service... ive managed to fill it out and now to send it off... and hope they continue to proceed

ReplyQuote
mandaj

@amarie How did you get on with this? Have you heard back from them yet? Or him?

ReplyQuote
Share: