Have you hit a stag...

Notifications
Clear all

Welcome to The Group Hug Forum

Ask questions, offer advice, help others and make new friends!

To join our community forum, simply login using the menu above or 'register' here. Create your account, sign in, then join in a conversation. click ADD TOPIC to start a new chat. Choose your own USER NAME when registering so you can post anonymously. Please always bear in mind our community guidelines before participating in any discussion.

Have you hit a stage in life where you feel you're giving up on your aspirations and dreams?

(@moderator)
Reliable Friend

It's never too late to focus on your dreams, share yours right here... Inlove  

Topic starter Posted : 13/07/2021 2:07 pm
felixshouse
(@felixshouse)

Sometimes you are forced into pushing forward into your dreams and that old saying "everything happens for a reason". Covid led to me being made redundant and at the time I was devastated. Being furloughed and then paid redundancy has led to me starting out on a whole new career.. and I have just secured a new job in an area which I had always "dreamed" of. Happy days. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/07/2021 2:12 pm
jimbob1
(@jimbob1)
Apprentice Hugger

Not a dream as such, but I have always wanted to have a go at running and so I have started the couch to 5k programme. It has led to me being more conscious about my life in general; less booze, healthier eating and I am ready to do that first 5k! I am hoping that I can keep this dream alive and go onto a 10k next. Keep dreaming guys and gals. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/07/2021 2:20 pm
sammy72
(@sammy72)
Apprentice Hugger

@jimbob1 I have spent years wishing I could be slimmer and fitter and during the first lockdown I was being super naughty with drinking and eating so I made the decision to live my dream once and for all. I have lost 18lbs and do so much more exercise than I ever did. I have used Covid to regroup and take stock of my life, like a helicopter view. I am adamant that I am not going to slip back into old habits and that I am as you say always going to live the dream and be happy

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/07/2021 2:26 pm