Great Yarmouth is perhaps best known as a traditional British seaside resort; however, it is also one of the most important historic ports on the east coast of England, built between the North Sea and the Broads, with a unique built cultural heritage. As for the beach, it is sandy with wide dunes.
Family and your support network
Joyland is Great Yarmouth’s Children’s Park. It was opened in 1949 and is still owned by the Cole family. Horace Cole designed the world famous “snails”. Even today, the Snails and Tyrolean Tubs are still in operation. If you want to visit you will find it at Marine Parade, Great Yarmouth
Norfolk, NR30 2EH
I spent many happy times in Great Yarmouth in the late 70’s and 80’s! I remember the Noah’s Ark. For me, this was the main reason for going to Yarmouth! It was sadly replaced by a space shuttle attraction in 1984.Alison – Founder – The Group Hug
The Great Yarmouth coastline stretches along 15 miles of beautiful sandy beach, past sand dunes and seaside amusements You can take in a donkey ride or jump on a bouncy castle from Winterton-on-Sea (NR29 4DD) in the north to Hopton-on-Sea (NR31 9SE) in the South.
Things to do and see around Great Yarmouth
Time and Tide Museum – the museum is set in one of the UK’s best preserved herring curing works, dating back to Victorian times and tells the story of Great Yarmouth from its ice age origins to modern times – Blackfriars Road, NR30 3BX
The Pleasure Beach – Lots of family fun with rides and naughty food treats; think donuts, candy floss and seaside rock. South Beach Parade, Great Yarmouth NR30 3EH
Elizabethan House Museum – Find out how the residents of this Quayside house lived from Tudor to Victorian times in this “upstairs and downstairs” museum; what was it like being one of the staff? The House is a National Trust site – 4 South Quay, Great Yarmouth NR30 2QH
Being part of different networks gives us access to a whole spectrum of individuals who can add colour to our lives. Encourage your child to be part of different groups by joining that youth group at the temple or kids art club in the village hall. The more activities your child gets involved in outside their home, the more interesting people they will meet. A feeling of independence will kick-in too.The Group Hug
Beaches around Great Yarmouth
- Great Yarmouth South Beach – South Beach Parade, NR30 2EN
- Great Yarmouth Central Beach – Seafront, Great Yarmouth, NR30 2EN
- Great Yarmouth North Beach – North Drive, Great Yarmouth, NR30 2EN
- Scratby Beach – Scratby, Great Yarmouth, NR29 3PD
- Winterton-on-Sea Beach, Winterton on Sea, NR29 4DD
- California Beach – California, Great Yarmouth, NR29 3PD
- Gorleston-on-Sea Beach, Gorleston-on-Sea, Norfolk,
- Caister North Beach, Caister-on-Sea, Great Yarmouth, NR30 5HE
- Hemsby Beach, Hemsby Village, Nr Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, NR29 4HJ
- Caister South Beach, Caister-on-Sea, Great Yarmouth, NR30 5HE
- Hopton-on-Sea Beach, Hopton-on-Sea, Great Yarmouth, NR31 9SE
Great Yarmouth, UK
If life isn’t feeling like a sunny beach right now and you think you may need to engage with a family law firm, we have found these solicitors in the Great Yarmouth area.
- H K B Wiltshires – 21 Hall Quay, Great Yarmouth NR30 1HN – “HKB (formerly Howard Killin & Bruce grew out of three firms founded in Great Yarmouth in the mid-Victorian era by Henry Robert Harmer in 1845, Frederick William Ferrier in 1850 and Frederick Danby Palmer in 1861.”
- England and Co Solicitors – 137 Bells Rd, Gorleston-on-Sea, Great Yarmouth NR31 6AG – “Divorce or civil partnership dissolution can be a difficult time. We aim to deal with matters efficiently and amicably, minimising the tensions that arise with such proceedings. We have years of expertise in this field and can assist throughout or whenever needed at transparent and competitive prices.
Why do people change divorce solicitor?
- Woolley & Co – 01493 800189
- Gordon Dean Solicitors, 19 Church Plain, Great Yarmouth NR30 1NF – “We offer family law solutions that are designed for your individual personal circumstances on all aspects of family law including divorce, separation, and children. Ensuring that the solutions are both cost-effective and practical by identifying your priorities to help you rebuild the future you want.”
Have you considered that a Financial Planner should be part of your divorce team?
Divorced, separated, widowed or going into another relationship; finances are important. However, boring the prospect may be, if you are starting a new chapter in your life, you need to get your finances in some kind of order. This is not only to protect yourself and your family for things which could happen in the future, but to give you the peace of mind that you have done everything you can to take control of your life once more.
There are a number of general financial planning principles which a good advisor will follow to assess what you need. Long gone are the days of “mis-selling” products which you really didn’t need. (Think of PPI).
Find financial planners who specialise in divorce here
If you have children, you probably want to put something in place to protect them in the future too. Whatever income you have, it’s all about using every penny wisely.
You could be in your 30’s or 60’s – it’s irrelevant; it’s always worth speaking to someone in the know, to ensure you are making good use of the funds available to you.
A financial planner will assess your needs and aspirations for the future.
- When do you plan to retire?
- Do you have any pensions?
- Do you want to own your home? Where do you want to live?
- Do you want your children to be privately educated?
- What do you want your lifestyle to look like?
Get in touch with others in The Group Hug Community by joining one of our online chatrooms
We have found the following Financial Advisers in the Great Yarmouth area
- D O’Kane Independent Financial Services – 47 England’s Lane, Gorleston, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, NR31 6BE
- Embrace Financial Services – 168-169 High Street, Gorleston, NR31 6RG
- Tilney – 170 High Street, Gorleston, NR31 6RG
- Martin Vincent – Financial Advisor – Humberstone Farm Mill Road, Great Yarmouth NR31 0AY