The market town of Newbury is in the county of Berkshire. The town has a large market square and still retains a very rare medieval Cloth Hall. Along with Newbury Racecourse, it is also well known for being the home of Vodaphone HQ.
- Shaw House is a manor house which dates back to 1581. Open from February to September there is plenty going on for all the family whether it be afternoon teas, outdoor screenings, outdoor theatre, history-themed children’s workshops, puppet theatre, flower arrangement classes and talks about the history of the mansion. Church Rd, Shaw, Newbury RG14 2DR
- Donnington Castle dates from 1386 to 1398 and was sold to the son of a famous poet Geoffrey, a pioneer of English Literature. Newbury is 2 miles away. There are cafes, restaurants, shops and facilities. Donnington, West Berkshire, RG14 2LE
- West Berkshire Museum remembers the two Civil War battles that took place in Newbury. There is an exhibition for Newbury Racecourse, as well as temporary displays and seasonal shows for painting, sculpture and crafts. The Wharf, Newbury RG14 5AS
- Newbury Racecourse has held race meetings since 1905. It hosts both National Hunt and flat racing, which means there are more than 30 race days all year round. In summer enjoy live entertainment on race days, and the likes of Tom Jones and Jessie J have played the Party in the Paddock series. Newbury Racecourse, Racecourse Rd, Newbury RG14 7NZ
- Bucklebury Farm Park is a family animal park which spans across 77 acres in the green Pang Valley. Enjoy deer safaris and tractor rides. There are also many more farm animals such as lamas, pygmy goats, pigs, boars, donkeys, sheep and chickens, while kids and adults alike can snuggle up with rabbits and guinea pigs at the petting zoo. For outdoor play, there is the castle playground, giant bounce mat, go-karts and a zip-wire, Drinks and snacks are available in the cafe in the park. Find the park in the childhood home town of Kate Middleton, Bucklebury, Reading RG7 6RR
If you need help and support in Newbury you are in luck as the Berkshire area of The Hug Directory is bustling with experts
We have many experts who are ready to take your call, waiting to support you through the times and into brand new and rewarding chapter of your life.
Even if you were the one to instigate the breakup, the end of a marriage or relationship is difficult and will throw your life into turmoil as you realise there are lots of issues to work through with the person you no longer want to be with. Communications will be tricky and stressful.
Maybe you didn’t see the break-up coming and are in shock or have escaped a violent marriage and don’t know which way to turn. Whatever the reason, dealing with your feelings isn’t easy. The other side of the coin could be that you still want to be with your partner and to be married. Releasing a relationship for whatever reason, can leave the future looking very bleak and intimidating. It’s a difficult time.
Sarah Woodward – Divorce Coach for Berkshire
I support women through the emotional turmoil and practical challenges of a breakup.
It is a really good idea to take a look your finances when you are going through a life-changing situation. Have you thought about your Will? If you are going through a separation or divorce you need to consider the provisions you have made for your loved ones. Should anything happen to you before your divorce is finalised, your “ex” could inherit as if you were married, as legally, you still are…. it’s worth thinking about.
Matt Angell – Creative Lifestyle Planning
I am very different to your normal financial adviser and a committee member of Resolution group.
The loss of a loved one can come as a shock, or maybe it was expected and to some extent, planned. Either way, there are many implications and dealing with legal issues can send even the most mentally stable person into a tailspin. Having these issues to deal with in the days following a bereavement is particularly difficult. Although coping mechanisms can, to some extent “kick-in” and adrenaline comes into play, legal terminology and procedure can be difficult to grasp because the brain’s “bandwidth” is reaching its capacity of information.
Sonia Jutla features in The Hug Directory as the Will Writer for Berkshire
I offer Wills and Lasting Powers of Attorney.
You know what they say, “your home is your castle”, well, what happens when that castle has to be split into two because of divorce or separation. What happens when you are dealing with a bereavement and home, no longer feels like “home”. Sarah Swain is an Interiors Life Coach. She helps people to make their environment feel like home again. Maybe you have downsized and are dealing with clutter. You could be a Dad who wants to make a new apartment child-friendly for when the children visit or maybe you want to make some changes to help you adjust with the loss of a loved one. Whatever the scenario, Sarah can help.
Supporting you to create a new environment for your new life
Sarah Burns Aesthetics provides a holistic approach to looking and feeling rejuvenated. Sarah is a highly experienced aesthetics practitioner and a specialist orthodontist with over 15 years of experience in facial aesthetic treatments and over 30 years of specialist practice treating smiles.
“We maintain rigorous professional standards, clinics are registered with and regulated by the Care Quality Commission and Sarah is an accredited Save Face practitioner”