Have you been through some life changes and started your own business? Are you finding social media completely overwhelming? Virtual Assistant Nicole Izod gives The Group Hug Community the low-down on how to make sense of social media.
Key facts that your small business can benefit from knowing about Social Media
Social media is changing and evolving constantly, and it can be tricky (not to mention time consuming!) to keep up with the latest trends. Here are a couple of fun facts and tips about social media to support you with your business:
Facebook is currently the largest social media site in the world with 2.6 billion users, followed by YouTube and WhatsApp each with 2 billion users.statista
- Having a dedicated Social Media Manager for your business can only enhance your business growth. You do not necessarily need to hire a full time, permanent SM Manager, consider outsourcing this to an expert SM Freelancer or VA with specialisation in this field.
- 60% of consumers want easier access to online customer support and 33% of consumers prefer to contact a company via social media rather than by telephone. Focusing on customer support in your business is just as crucial as marketing!
Your facebook profile
- The completeness of your Facebook page profile affects the visibility of your post. This is so that Facebook and potential followers can get a clear idea of who you are and the legitimacy of your business. The algorithm will prioritise posts from pages with complete business profiles.
- If a Facebook user hits the “love” icon vs. the “like” icon, your content receives a boost in the News Feed. The same goes for all Facebook reactions actually: Haha, Wow, Sad, and Angry.
- Instagram Stories expire after 24 hours (they are no longer available to Instagram users after this time) however, they can be of value to users for longer. Highlights was created to allow you to save all the past Stories so that they are pinned to your profile for as long as you wish. A great way to show who you are in more detail, what you do, what is your offer etc.
Don’t forget LinkedIn
- LinkedIn has a lower user activity rate than Pinterest, TikTok, Twitter and Facebook. However, it is important to consider where your audience is most active and engaged when deciding which channels to use. An online retail business will not require the same social media strategy as a Freelance Translator for example.
Facebook’s highest traffic occurs during mid-week between 1 to 3 in the afternoon and a post will get more clicks on average when posted around 7pmZephoria
Consider using a social media scheduling tool to optimise your posting. This also allows you greater flexibility to create content and manage your business social media when is convenient for you.
Nicole Izod features in The Hug Directory as is available to assist you with your business as and when you need. Get in touch with her to see how she can help you to grow your business.